The EPIK program is a great way to explore your professional teaching career in a global and service-related position, supported by the Korean government.
The Ministry of Education in South Korea started EPIK with the goals of improving the English-speaking abilities of Korean students and teachers, developing cultural exchange between Korea and abroad, and of introducing new teaching methods into the Korean education system. It also is designed to enhance public English education in the rural areas of Korea, where the access to higher quality educational resources are limited.
The University of Missouri has an agreement with EPIK to screen applicants here at MU and provide support and guidance in the rigorous application process. Applicants referred by MU are reviewed in a distinct category with other university-recommended applicants, and our timeline is a bit different from the website.
- 1 year contract
- Monthly 2 million Korean Won (Approximately 1,900 US Dollars)
- Settlement Allowance - 300,000 KRW (one-time payment)
- Free Furnished Housing
- Severance Pay – approximately 1 month’s salary
- Entrance Allowance for flight coverage - 1,300,000 KRW at the end of first contract month
- Renewal Allowance - 2,000,000 KRW will be provided upon successful completion and renewal of your contract with the same MOE/POE
- Compulsory Medical Insurance - 50% of your premiums paid by your employer
- EPIK Orientation - An excellent transition and networking opportunity
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from accredited institution
- Major in English, Education or Linguistics required OR at least 1 year of teaching experience
- Be a citizen from: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, UK, and USA
For more details about the EPIK program, please visit https://www.epik.go.kr.
If you are interested in applying, please contact the Asian Affairs Center:Lesley Sapp