Academy of Korean Studies Summer Program
The Academy of Korean Studies Summer Program is an intensive program for international undergraduate students in Korean studies. It is composed of various components, including special lectures on Korea, intensive Korean language courses, field trips, excursions and traditional cultural activities. Since its start in 1993, the program has hosted more than 700 students from 45 countries.
July 9–Aug. 3, 2018
Undergraduate student in the second year or above from universities outside Korea who are majoring or minoring in Korean studies or who took Korea-related courses at their home universities.
- Graduate students and Korean nationals are not eligible
- Those who took Korea-related courses should specify course names in the transcript
- Korean language institute certificate can be substituted for university transcript if home university doesn’t offer Korean major/minor/courses
- Basic Korean language skills recommended — except for some English lectures, most of the program will be in Korean
- Academy of Korean Studies covers the cost of registration, lectures, accommodations and meals during the program, as well as expenses incurred during field trips and excursions
- Participants responsible for their own travel expenses, including round-trip airfare, transportation between airport and AKS and medical insurance