Study at Shih Hsin University
Read more about this program.
The purpose of this program is to enhance the relationships between Shih Hsin University and its sister institutions, and to promote international academic exchange. SHU offers this program to students who are motivated to study Chinese language and culture in an Asian university environment and to help bring English language and cultural experiences to Taiwan.
- Fall semester (mid-September through mid-January)
- Spring semester (late-February through late-June)
- Full-time undergraduate or graduate student (sophomore or above)
- Excellent English/Chinese speaking and writing proficiency
- Intercultural adaptability
- Recommendation letter from home university’s international office
- Fall semester: May 1
- Spring semester: Nov. 1
- Monthly scholarship stipend of 14,100 new Taiwan dollars (after taxes deducted, only for students with passports from Australia, Canada, United Kingdom or United States)
- Take fundamental Chinese language courses and some other courses offered in English by various academic departments at SHU (tuition waived)
- Accommodations in standard dormitory rooms